Thursday 7 April 2011

Bulletproof gluten-free dr pepper cupcakes!

I recently came across a recipe for Dr Pepper cupcakes and fell in love.  I knew I had to make them mine. 

I knew a certain amazing rollergirl shared my love of Dr Pepper and needed some special cupcakes so this is for her.  BUT...they needed to be gluten free.  So began my gluten free adventure!

The original recipe can be found here (amazing blog, check it out!).  I followed it completly but I left out the oil and added more butter (not for any reason, I just forgot to buy oil) and instead of flour I used gluten free flour and more baking powder than they asked for.  I discovered gluten free flour doesn't soak up as much as normal flour so I needed to more than the 500g suggested...probably about 550 in the end but just add till it feels right.  I think next time I might try adding xanthan gum instead of more flour but we'll see.

It tastes like sex.  Except better.



Messy photo but I wanted to show the frosting filling.  I swear, i'm addicted to coring and filling cupcakes.

3 comments:

  1. Can you try making these for me...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be easy to do vegan, like most things! CONsider it done ;)

    ReplyDelete